National Sustainability in Business Conference 2017
Renewables – Markets – Innovation – Opportunities – Capital
Following feedback from Association members and partners the “National Sustainability in Business Conference” has been reconvened, and will be held the Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane from the 23-24 March 2017.
The National Sustainability Conference themed ‘Renewables – Markets – Innovation – Opportunities – Capital’ will address the need for sustainable business practices, and what this means in today’s ever-changing world.
The Conference will bring together Business leaders, SME’s, Academics and Practitioners from Australia and New Zealand while providing an opportunity to network with others who are building profitable and sustainable business models, services and products.
The conference will update delegates on a range of effective sustainable business practises including Renewable Energy and Carbon initiatives. We will examine Governments’ sustainability and business funding plans. Join us and discover new business opportunities and trends in the sector along with the findings of recent research.
“Sustainability is the single biggest business opportunity of the 21st century.” – Will Day, Former Chair of the Sustainable Development Commission (UK).
All participants will have access to the podcasts of program presentations (included in registration). The program will feature over 50 presentations.
In addition all delegates will have the opportunity to film a 3 minute presentation that will be broadcast through the Association’s social media channels. Contact the secretariat for details.
- Renewable Energy Systems and Sources – Biofuel, Biomass, Hydrogen & Fuel Cells, Hydropower, Solar Energy, Geothermal Energy, Wave Energy, Tidal energy, Energy Storage and Wind Power. This can also include energy transformation from renewable energy system to grid.
- Think Local First – development of the local economy and community, urban agriculture, Buy Local.
- Innovative Business Opportunities – Incubators, Start Ups, Venture Capital / Entrepreneurs.
- The Energy Market – Regulators, Wholesale and Supply Chain, Retailers, Consumer Demand, Carbon trading, Emissions.
- Trends, Policies and Strategies – current and emerging trends, technologies, research, government policies and industry initiatives within the environmental and sustainability sector
- Financial Impact – social and environmental risk, industry development, operational and managerial impact, market risk and opportunity, stakeholder issues
- Innovation – energy transition, application and feasibility, social and economic change, research & development opportunities
This conference will bring together leading academics, thought leaders, opinion makers and industry experts to deliberate and discuss sustainability issues confronting Australia. The program will be designed to challenge, inspire, demonstrate and encourage participants while facilitating discussion.
There will be a B2B exhibition for companies and entrepreneurs to promote their ideas, products and solutions to assist businesses and government departments achieve profitable sustainability. It will provide an avenue for emerging technologies and services that enable sustainability within business to be reviewed, discussed and promoted.
This Sustainable Education Forum will benefit businesses, individuals and government and provide viable sustainable business options to SME’s.
The program is intended to provide all participants with an opportunity to contribute and learn.
The program will include:
Who Attends Association Conferences?
Like minded Associations or groups who want their members to have access to special discounted rates should contact the secretariat (E) email@example.com
The conference is an initiative of the Association for Sustainability in Business Inc (a non-government not for profit organisation) and its partners.